Happy Birthday, Julia Child!

I thought I would share some of my favorite Julia Child quotes since today would've been her 101st birthday. Julia was such a fun personality who loved life, people, and food, and a woman who really found a way to share her passion!

I didn't really know much about her until the movie Julie and Julia came out, and it quickly became a favorite of mine. Food, France, 1950's/60's setting, and a great cast made for an amazing film. Ever since, I've been a Julia Child admirer! I've made several of her recipes and had a themed dinner party for my 18th birthday. My high school drama teacher even had me draw inspiration from Julia Child when I played The Abbess in Comedy of Errors!











Celebrate Julia's birthday by checking out some more quotes, old episodes of her TV shows, the movie, or making one of her recipes! Bon Appetit!

Comments

  1. I have loved Julia since I first began watching her weekly PBS cooking show on Saturday afternoons years and years ago. She was a gem! I don't know if this is my FAVORITE quote, but it's certainly the most memorable one for me, and one she uttered many a time on her show as she grabbed a bottle of hooch by the neck with her giant hands: "Don't forget the booooooze!" Then, she'd slosh in a goodly amount. I used to laugh out loud every time! What a gal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment