DIY Jane Austen Bookmarks


Sorry for the lack of posts lately! I am keeping very busy with the coffee business and Project Dashwood have a hard time finding time for blogging. I made a bunch of fun bookmarks for Christmas gifts and I will share them with you as I have time. (Also you may have noticed I've updated the blog's look. I was ready for a change and I'm very happy with how it came out. Between all my projects, I am always learning new design/photoshop skills and it's exciting to use them!) 

I thought I'd start with these Jane Austen ones for Valentine's Day because what is more romantic than an Austen couple?

I found pictures of my favorite pairings from my favorite adaptations: Elinor & Edward and Marianne & Brandon from Sense and Sensibility and Emma & Knightley from Emma. I had fun recoloring them a bit, (it is really hard to find high-quality stills of movies from the 90's) and then adding some of each character's best quotes. I suggest printing on cardstock and then laminating for durability. 

Photo credit: A Vibrant Medley


One of the great things about these ones is they are all straight lines, no fiddly outlines to cut. (Even easier if you have a papercutter.) These would make a quick and easy Valentine's gift for your sweetheart or just any Janeite you know! 



Full resolution versions here.
Image sources: 1 2 3 4

Get my previous bookmark templates:
Benedict Cumberbatch Photobomb
David Tennant

Who's your favorite literary couple? Have a fun and easy Valentine's craft? Share in the comments!

Comments